- Team galas take place throughout the year.
- Swimmers are selected by the Coach to represent the club at these galas.
- In the Kent Junior League and the National Arena Swimming League children who are 9 years old by the end of the year are only permitted to swim in relays.
- Swimmers have to be 10 years old by the end of the year to do individual races.
- You will be notified via your squad rep if your child has been selected.
- Please note no payment is required for any child selected to represent the club at these galas.
- The swimmer just needs to report to the coach to acknowledge they are present before warm up starts
The team galas we compete at are:
- There are six of these galas run each year. Each competing club will hold one at their home pool.
Kent Junior League
- The Club competes in this league competition each year.
- This is a junior competition for swimmers aged thirteen and under.
- There are three galas each and every year.
- The points at the end of all three galas decide which league we are in.
National Arena Swimming League
- This event is over three galas and the points at the end of all three decide which league we stay in.
- The dates will be on the fixture list at the beginning of each year/once confirmed.
Finally one of the most important aspects of any club is to have the swimmers and parent’s enthusiasm, interest and support. Winning as an individual is tremendous, but when you win for the club it can be just as rewarding for yourself, your team mates and coaches.
When you are selected to swim for the club the ultimate crime is failure to turn up. If you are unable to swim for any reason, please give the selectors as much notice as possible.
When you are representing the club either as an individual or as part of a team we would like to see you in a Black Lion hat and on poolside a Black Lion T shirt and black tracksuit bottoms. Club kit is available via the club shop.
Please contact the Squad Kit Representative